Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Said Yes...To the Dress!

Wedding dress shopping yesterday was a success!  My mom, sister, two of my lovely friends, and I traveled to Fargo to check out two bridal shops.  Our first stop was David's Bridal, and our second appointment was at a local bridal boutique. 

I had looked at many dresses online before beginning the dress shopping process.  In this post, I analyzed what aspects of the dress were most important to me.  I concluded I wanted an ivory dress with interesting details, a sweetheart neckline, and a trumpet shape. The dress that fulfilled these requirements would be my "dream" dress.

The most difficult part of picking out my dress was keeping true to my original idea of my dream dress.  Everyone who I brought along gave me invaluable guidance, but I knew I would have to be strong and stay true to my ideal dream dress if I was going to be completely happy with my decision.  In the end, my decision was both easy and hard.  Easy, because I knew I was choosing the perfect dress for me; and hard, because I knew not everyone I had brought along might have picked the same dress.

I am sure you are all waiting for pictures.  Here it is!  (Shhh...remember this is top secret!)




This dress is a David's Bridal dress, and I am ordering it in ivory (the ivory is very subtle, and actually appears to be more of a softer white).  I will be altering the top of the dress to make the style more of a defined sweetheart neckline.  This dress has everything I was originally looking for: the color, the shape of the dress, and a soon-to-be added sweetheart neckline.  The dress also has the details I was looking for.  I love the ruching across the  bodice, and I am a huge fan of the sparkly belt to accent my waist. 

The next big task is to find really dramatic sparkling jewelry to accent this dress.  I can't wait to start shopping for those pieces! 

I bought my shoes yesterday at David's Bridal as well.  I like the elegant and classy peep-toe heel:

The dress pictures are exciting, but I have saved the best part of this post for last.  When I sat down to write this blog post, I included the link to my wedding dress post.  Go to that post again, and scroll down to dress #11.  That's the dress I picked!!!  When I chose the dress yesterday, I did not realize this dress was originally one of my dream dresses.  I really think my dress decision was meant to be.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment