Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wedding Cake

Lee's aunt is making our wedding cake for us, so I thought I would compile some ideas of cake designs, just in case she asks.  For Neil and Laiel's wedding reception (Lee's brother and sister-in-law), she made an extravagant cake with Native American fondant designs since Laiel is Native American.  I also hear she can make all kinds of flavors.

My favorite flavors are chocolate and white marble cake with almond frosting and white chocolate raspberry cake with vanilla frosting.  I prefer buttercream frosting over fondant.  For cake designs, I tend to gravitate toward more traditional cake designs (none of Ace of Cakes' crazy designs for me!).  I like white cakes with white, black, or other monochromatic designs on them.  Here are some examples I have found:


3 comments:

  1. LOVE #4, 6, and 3 (in that order) :) Hurray!!!! Any more ideas on colors for the occasion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the white on white, like the first three cakes. But I think you know I like just about any kind of cake! Maybe once you know more about your dress, colors, and flowers, you could incorporate parallel details into the cake? That might be neat.

    ReplyDelete